Hi, and welcome! You might have found me by Googling “new mom” or “new mom blog.” If so, I’m afraid I have bad news and good news. The bad news is that this blog is no longer active. In May 2011, after 5 years of writing here at Diary of a New Mom, I launched a new blog, Abby Off The Record. But WAIT! The good news is that I have just published an ebook based on this blog. It’s called Mama Insider: Laughing (And Sometimes Crying) All the Way Through Pregnancy, Birth, and the First 3 Months. It’s a collection of 20+ of my best posts, plus some new material, all in one pretty little e-package. For just $4.99, you can download the PDF version here or get the e-reader version here.
Mama Insider will give you the real scoop on pregnancy, birth, and new motherhood – the good, the bad, and the funny – from one (formerly) new mom to another. For the past 5+ years, I’ve been chronicling the joy and the craziness on my blog, and have heard from tons of other new moms about what’s on their sleep-deprived minds. I’m here to reassure you that you are not alone. You are not crazy. And you are going to do just fine as a mom. The proof that other people have been through it and survived is in this ebook.
You’ll find out:
- Why you shouldn’t be concerned by the size of your unborn baby’s nose
- What happens when you’re 10 days overdue and your doula goes on vacation
- New moms’ Frequently Asked Questions on such topics as cankles and clueless husbands
- The differences between Nervous Moms and Mellow Moms
- What “me time” looks like once you’re a mom
- How real moms lose the baby weight (hint: it’s not salad and Pilates)
Thanks for stopping by, and please come visit me on my new blog!